Cancer Forums and News by PhD's

News | Forums Register

Go Back   Cancer Forums and News by PhD's > Breast Cancer Forum

Old 10-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Default Hormone Therapy Increases Invasive Breast Cancer and Mortality, WHI 11-Year Follow Up

A new story entry has been added:

Hormone Therapy Increases Invasive Breast Cancer and Mortality, WHI 11-Year Follow Up Finds - UB NewsCenter

Quote:
Results of a new Women's Health Initiative (WHI) report show that hormone therapy is associated with an increased risk of death from breast cancer, as well as an increased risk of developing invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women. Jean Wactawski-Wende, PhD, professor of social and preventive medicine at the University at Buffalo and one of the primary authors on the paper, published today in JAMA, says the breast cancers found in these women also tended to have more lymph node involvement, indicating a poorer prognosis.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Default Hormones and Breast Cancer Deaths

[url]http://cancerfocus.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3247[/url]
Old 11-11-2010, 06:01 AM

My best friend Luci died in January of cancer. She was 18 and two months. I think about her all the time and poetry is a really good way to try to get across how it really feels for me.

I try really hard to articulate the feelings of being so close to someone who has cancer because im sure many of you would know that when someone you love has cancer you feel like you have it too.

You feel every hit of chemo, you cry every tear, you take every bit of news with the same painful blow. At least we have each other and don't have to go through it alone like some of the kids i saw in the chemo ward with no friends around.

Anyway Luc died in summer and this was written two days before her stroke which was caused by the cancer and killed her in less than a week. So this is the best i can say of how it feels to be right in the middle of the swirling, whirling, head turning chaos of cancer.
I also liked this blog very much where the breast cancer treatment & metastatic breast cancer options were discussed. Hope it helps people struggling with breast cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement